D. - Personal site
TL;DRDavide Berardi, just a Ph.D. student / Tech of Computer Security. I rant against proprietary software, I like Operating Systems and Computer Networks.
Hello there, this is my personal and work site/blog. You can find here a list of the interesting things that I saw in the last time.
Currently, I am a PhD student at university of Bologna and my research is focused on network security. I am a member of Ulisse research team and, sometimes, I play CTFs. I am also a proud member of the ADMStaff team and the VirtualSquare group.
In a previous work-life I was a firmware engineer, so I tend to integrate embedded systems in every work I do. Especially if they are powerful enough to run OpenBSD and IPv6.Contacts Publications Vulnerabilities Software Teaching Misc Blog
To reach me you can use the following methods:
- e-mail: my addresses are:
htmlmail as much as you can and do not expect a low latency reply.
- Telegram: My nickname is composed by the first three letters of my family name and the first three letters of my given name (with capital letters). Usually I reply within a short time.
- IRC: you can find me in freenode with the same Telegram username (with only lowercase letters).
- Matrix: My matrix account is
- Office: You can find me during work hours at LIA, Laboratorio di Informatica Avanzata at Viale risorgimento 2, Bologna.
- Ulisse: If you like to join or simply attend at the Ulisse team working you can find me at laboratorio 2 in Viale risorgimento 2, Bologna Wednesday evening from 18:30 to 23:00.
- ADMStaff: As for the Ulisse team, if you have some questions about ADMStaff you can occasionally find me in the ADMStanzetta, inside the laboratory of computer science in via Ranzani complex.
- Avoid as much as you can
doc[x]documents. I am against the concept of closed source and proprietary software, therefore I don't use them.